ZWOOP Limited (“ZWOOP” or “we”, “us” or “our”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This is information about you that you give us by filling in forms on our system or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. It includes information you provide when you register to use our system, subscribe to our service, search for products, place an order via our system, participate in discussion boards, reviews or other social media functions on our system, enter a competition, promotion or survey and when you report a problem with our system. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number, financial and credit card information, personal description and photograph.
Whenever you use our app browser or plug-in, we will automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your device to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- information about your browsing activity, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL), clickstream system (including date and time), products you viewed or searched for, page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs;
- information we collect when you share a URL or product to our Shopping Assistant, including the URL, product and variations.
This is information we receive about you if you use any of the other websites we operate or the other services we provide. In this case we will have informed you when we collected that data if we intend to share those data internally and combine it with data collected on our system. We will also have told you for what purpose we will share and combine your data. We are working closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies). We will notify you when we receive information about you from them and the purposes for which we intend to use that information.
A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that we may store on your browser or the hard drive of your computer if you agree. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive.
We may use any of the following cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies These are cookies that are required for the operation of our website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our website, use a shopping cart or make use of e-billing services.
- Analytical/performance cookies. They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
- Functionality cookies. These are used to recognise you when you return to our website. This enables us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
- Targeting cookies. These cookies record your visit to our website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our website and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.
You can block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of our system.
We use the information held about you in the following ways:
- to provide you with the information, products and services through our system;
- to provide you with information about other goods and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already searched or enquired about;
- to provide you, or permit selected third parties to provide you, with information about goods or services we feel may interest you. We permit selected third parties to use your data only if you have consented to this. If you do not want us to use your data in this way, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, please tick the relevant box situated on the form on which we collect your data;
- to notify you about changes to our service;
- to ensure that content from our system is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your device.
- to personalize the shopping assistant experience,
- to administer our system and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve our system to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your device;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- as part of our efforts to keep our system safe and secure;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our system about goods or services that may interest you or them.
We will combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We will use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
You agree that we have the right to share your personal information with:
- Any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as such terms are defined in sections 13 and 15 of the Companies Ordinance (Cap. 622).
- Selected third parties including:
- business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them, if any;
- advertisers and advertising networks that require the data to select and serve relevant adverts to you and others. We do not disclose information about identifiable individuals to our advertisers, but we will provide them with aggregate information about our users (for example, we may inform them that 500 men aged under 30 have clicked on their advertisement on any given day). We may also use such aggregate information to help advertisers reach the kind of audience they want to target (for example, women in suburbs). We may make use of the personal data we have collected from you to enable us to comply with our advertisers’ wishes by displaying their advertisement to that target audience;
- analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our system.
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we will disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If ZWOOP or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using state-of-the-art technology. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our system, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our system; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us via our contact details.
Our system may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of third parties. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
You may request access to your personal data held by us pursuant to the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance. A charge may be imposed to cover the cost of photocopying personal data at the applicable rate. In addition, you may also request for correction of your personal data held by us if the data are inaccurate. Such request shall be made in writing on a form specified by us. You may obtain the form by contacting us via our contact details.